How You Can Help
There are unlimited ways to be a part of the Samaritan Centerís work in behalf of the community. Most have tax benefits since gifts to the Samaritan Center are tax deductible. You can give individually, as a business, as an organization, as a church. You can give now or defer giving to a future date. You can remember a family member or friend on a special occasion such as a birthday, anniversary or wedding. You can memorialize a deceased loved. You can give property, money, stocks, insurance benefits. You can give new things or used things. You can participate in numerous events sponsored by Samaritan Center or community organizations for the benefit of the Samaritan Center. All of what you give will benefit the needy of our community.
Write a check payable to the Samaritan Center. If you wish to designate a special purpose such are payment of utility bills or buying food, just let us know. We will send you a receipt for your tax purposes.
Donate food. Anytime bring food to the Samaritan Center or participate in the community food drives such as those sponsored by the mail carriers, boy scouts, civic organizations or churches.
Donate new or used clothing.
Participate in special holiday events:
Include Samaritan Center in your Will, Trust or Life Insurance benefits.
- Donate Valentines cards for children who can not afford them.
- Donate school supplies so that all children get off to a good start at the beginning of the school year.
- Donate Halloween costumes for child who otherwise would do without.
- Donate a turkey for families at Thanksgiving.
- Donate a ham for Christmas diner.
- Adopt a family at Christmas.
- Adopt senior citizens for a Christmas day basket and hot meal.
- Donate toys or money for Santaís Workshop.
- Adopt a special needs family for a year.
Donate stocks. There are special tax benefits to donating appreciated stocks to charity.
Give you time and talent as a volunteer at the Samaritan Center. The tradition of Samaritan Center is volunteerism. Almost everyone who works at the Center is a volunteer. They are many roles for which you can volunteer: food pantry, clothing room, intake registration, warehouse, truck driver, computer data input, tax credit assistance, medical clinic, dental clinic, Legal Care program etc.