Samaritan Center Activities Calendar
- Valentine round-up January through February: Start collecting and distributing new valentines to children for Valentines Day.
- Tax Credit Program begins February and runs until April. Volunteers assist in Federal and State income tax preparation for clients.
- Easter Basket Round-up March through April : Collect Filled Easter baskets for distribution before Easter.
- Boy Scouts Food Collection Day (Jefferson City)
- Easter Dinner: Hams and Trimmings Give Away March-April
- Mother’s Day Gift Baskets Round Up April through May - Collect and distribute filled baskets clients who are moms
- Spring Cleaning Collection Fund April through May: Monetary donations are needed to purchase cleaning products to distribute as a kit to each household. Each kit also contains “How to Properly Clean Your House” guide.
- Letter Carriers Food Drive - Postal facilities from the area advertise and collect food.
- Spring Cleaning Kits distribution May 1st through May 31st:
- Fan Distribution to clients who request them.
- Annual Dinner and Auction Fundraiser
- School Supply Round-up July through August:
- School Supply Disbursement
- Halloween Costume Round-Up September through October: Collect new and used Halloween costumes for kids to be distributed in October.
- Missouri State Employees Charitable Campaign: Samaritan Center participates in activities to encourage State employees to choose the Center as their charity which is listed among several, for the State Employees Combined Charitable Campaign.
- Christmas Adoption sign up October 1st through 31st: Samaritan Center begins in October collecting names of families wanting to be adopted and then finds agencies, corporations, organizations, etc. to adopt them.
- Turkey Fund Promotion and Distribution of Thanksgiving Turkeys and Trimmings November 1st through November 20th.
- Santa’s Workshop Promotion - Samaritan Center takes donations of new toys from various individuals and community groups. Parents, whose family did not participate in the Adopt a Family program, may choose two gifts for each of their children.
- Turkey/Ham Fund Promotion and Distribution of Christmas Hams or Turkeys with trimmings to all clients.
- Delivery of gifts & fruit basket to senior citizens who are homebound.
- Adopted Family Gift Delivery or Pick-Up: Families who have been adopted receive gifts from sponsors.
- Santa’s Workshop: Samaritan Center takes donations of new toys from various individuals and community groups. Parents, whose family did not participate in the Adopt a Family program, may choose two gifts for each of their children.
- Open House: Volunteers and special guests are invited to enjoy refreshments and good conversation.
Special Programs That Run Throughout the Year
- Medical and Dental Clinic The Ossman Free Medical Clinic is open each Thursday evening from 4-6 pm on a walk-in bases. The dental clinic is by appointment. The clinics are staffed by volunteer clerks, nurses, doctors and dentists. The dental clinic through a private grant is supported by part-time paid staff: a dental hygienist, dental assistant and receptionist.
- Cooking Classes The Samaritan Center sponsors a cooking class once each month to provide basic cooking skills, teach clients how to use the government commodities and prepare nutritious, good-tasting meals.
- Legal Care Program Volunteer attorneys meet with Samaritan Center clients in need of legal assistance.